Nothing can cool you down on a hot a summer day quite like a refreshing drink. Since it’s already mid-summer, we’re sure you’ve already got some cold Coronas and Rosé by the pool. It’s time to splash it up a little (even for the youngsters), by bringing it back to the old school – with Root Beer Floats. It’s almost too easy to make for you not to try this at home.
- Vanilla ice cream
- 16 oz. bottle of root beer
- Fill a glass with root beer three quarters of the way
- Gently layer in two scoops of ice cream
- Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes so you give the ice cream to melt from its floating position
- Stir the ice cream and root beer until it reaches a somewhat milkshake consistency. If you want it a little thicker, just add a little more ice cream.
- DRINK UP – you’ve earned the root beer float for yourself.
Feelin’ frisky, just add a little whisky!
The Flonuts Team